Thursday, March 1, 2012

Reminders


As a knitter, I feel as if I am ripping projects out more than I am completing them sometimes. The perfectionist in me can take over and handicap my ability to accept less than my very best. Most of the time I don't mind that part of my personality because I still produce quite a bit as a crafter. However, when the rest of my world is uncertain or lacking consistency or predictability, I get worse and strive for my knitting or quilting or whatever else I am doing at the time to be at its best because that is what I can control. This morning, I just ripped out about 35 rows in a wrap that I am doing for a KAL. I am sad but know that the imperfection would have prevented me from ultimately enjoying it. So, today I need a reminder that I produce beautiful things. Thus, the Semele.

No comments:

Post a Comment