Friday, February 24, 2012

Something Special


I love sharing my crafting with people of like minds. I don't want to have to convince others that knitting has value or that quilting is not a lost art. In many ways our current economy is helping to revitalize the crafting industry and consumers are recognizing the value in handmade and homegrown items.

Another way I have noticed the trend toward handmade items is through social media. Have you been on Pinterest? There are so many people pinning items to make - or have others make for them (Jocelyn). Looking at other people's boards is a great way to find ideas or get the creative juices flowing and I don't have enough time for everything scurrying around in my brain.

However, sometimes you just want to make dishcloths. I have 10 out of the 12 for my 12 for 12 in 2012 resolution! Thank you, Stacy, for reminding me of the simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment