Sunday, July 29, 2012

Gypsy Wools in Boulder

Okay, I'm fairly certain that I am obsessive about my knitting. I challenged myself at the beginning of this year to abstain from buying yarn as a New Year's resolution. Clearly, that didn't happen. So, I've resigned myself to failure and have accepted defeat in this situation. Recently, I had a fabulous opportunity to study Japanese Internment Camps at the University of Colorado in Boulder with TEA/NCTA which is a great chance to learn about an interesting topic and then share that knowledge with my students. One of the side benefits is that I also got to do a little shopping in the evening. But, let's be real. The only shop that I went to was Gypsy Wools on Pearl Street. This is a lovely shop with a fabulous selection of hand-dyed yarns. One of my favorite is Kona Sport and I took advantage of this shopping opportunity! I've justified my expedition in some ways by choosing yarn that I will knit into Christmas gifts - not that I don't have enough already. Anyway, I love this yarn and I've already started a project with it. As I was talking to the owner, she mentioned she was finishing some dying and I asked if I could take a picture. Isn't it lovely? I fight the urge to spin or dye my own yarn. I can only handle so many addictions so I will just have to support others in their endeavors! And trust me, I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment