Although I didn't get every project completed before starting the new year, the yellow garter stitch baby blanket is finished and I'm ready to begin another. I really like the way they look and it makes for wonderful, mindless knitting. Plus, there is always someone having a baby and I can list them on my Etsy shop for others to enjoy!
So, I've been thinking about what I want to accomplish this year and I have come up with my 13 of 13 Knitting Goals for 2013 and they are as follows:
- 13 hats - I think this is the first one I want to complete but we'll see what I really end up doing. I think the yarn is what makes it so pretty and I may not like it as well if I don't choose my yarn wisely. I also like this hat because it has that unisex look to it and I can decide after knitting who it may go to.
- 13 scarves
- 13 mittens/gloves
- 13 socks - I have a great pattern idea for Stacy and I to work on Christmas gifts this year. I'm going to share it with her tonight and see what she thinks!
- 13 dishcloths- mostly I like knitting these and found that several of my family members also like receiving them which makes for a perfect combination.
- 13 ornaments - I think I want a tree with all knitted ornaments. It may just be a small tree at first but I'd like to at least begin. I think these may also be a good idea for tags on presents.
- 13 rows in my sock blankie. There are four diagonal rows all the way across with the exception of the ends.
- 13 baby booties
- 13 baby hats
- 13 charity items - these might be for GAGE or for another charity. I'm actually thinking about getting involved in the ministry at my church which may or may not involve knitting for infants.
- 13 baskets
- 13 cup cozies
- 13 random items
I'll keep you posted on how things come along. What are your goals for this year? Be sure to make some that include knitting!